Second week of printing the alphabet - and B it is!
|Scraped (top of mat) and dry brushed using the back of the mat|
1. Take your lowly dollar store bath mat - or a fancier one.
One of my students once brought in her wedding gift bat mat - great pattern!
2. Using pigments (I favour Colour Vie), paint your fabric in a pale colour
3. While the fabric is still wet, paint over the first colour with a darker hue.
4. Slip the bath mat under the fabric
5. Using a scraper of some kind (I like dry wall smoothers),
scrape off the top layer of pigment.
|The suction cups on the mat were put under the fabric and dry brushed|
using metallic pigment
|A different kind of mat, scraped|
This technique and several others are described in my Instructional Guides
“Creating Textures” and “Creating Textures: Soft Textures”.
Mention “Bath-mat” and receive a special price of $12 (+ shipping and tax) for both guides. www.colourvie.com